Low/Med Volume ECO Series Standard Honing Machines are designed for both manual tending and full automation. These machines retain the coveted features of the high volume machines but engineered in such a way that a number of those operations now happen in a single station.
One station ECO honing machine can perform roughing, gauging and finishing in a single station and can replace three station machines.
Equipment is built to Nagel specifications, which meets Automotive OEM standards. Some of the features of the equipment include:
- Post process gauging after every honing station, integrated to tool wear compensation system for medium volume applications
- In-process gauging built into the honing spindle, integrated to the tool wear compensation system for low volume applications
- Allen Bradley Servo controlled mechanical tool expansion and wear compensation system for high stock removal and bore accuracy
- Hydraulic tool expansion and wear compensation system for fine surface finishes
- Dual expansion spindle – enabling roughing, finishing and gauging in same spindle
- Allen Bradley Servo controlled oscillation system
- Allen Bradley Servo driven precision spindle
- Pneumatic line pressure monitoring, system shuts off if the pressure drops below the limit
- Centralized lubrication system with reservoir level and dirty filter monitoring
- Centralized coolant system with coolant flow, level and dirty filter monitoring
- Hydraulics system with flow and dirty filter monitoring
- Automatic part transfer from station to station and complete integration into customer automation (optional)
- Allen Bradley PLC control with Windows based HMI